Selling a solution runs deeper than selling a product or service…don't you agree?
In this newly created role, your story two years from now will include leading the organization to achieve continued market/sales growth at a time where occupational health and safety has never been more present. You have applied and shared your breadth of experience in sales and customer solutions and your leadership resulted in high team morale, customer satisfaction and productivity…thank you!
You demonstrated the importance of understanding the complex needs of our customers and in doing so, were able to translate each solution into value for the customer. Finally, your ability to educate and mentor staff on solution-selling techniques and methods has transformed how we prospect, qualify and close business across the organization…well done.
If you see yourself in this story, keep reading on how you will get there…
As a member of the Senior Leadership team, your mandate will be to build on our current success in delivering accessible, client-focused occupational health and safety products and services but also, to lead the growth and commercialization of our Regional Training and Emerging Markets. To do so, you will develop a deep understanding of our product/services, our customers, and the competitive landscape to appropriately position PSHSA in the market. You will work in tandem with the Vice President’s to develop and implement a robust market/sales strategy across the organization. Your influence, leadership and expertise will support achievement of our revenue targets within each business line. Finally, you will also be responsible for leading our Client Experience (CX) Team and operation which will support your ability to provide client-focused solutions end-to-end.
You will lead and drive solution-selling across the organization to effectively engage new and existing customers by:
- Introducing an enhanced culture that focuses on understanding our client’s needs, pain points and challenges in order to build solutions and differentiate PSHSA from our competitors.
- Mentoring and developing team members across the organization in sales techniques and methodologies to include how to translate each solution into value for the customer and profitability for the organization.
- Leading interactions with prospective clients, working closely with PSHSA’s subject matter experts to frame problems, develop solutions, and onboard new client acquisition programs/initiatives.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders across the organization (Marketing, Digital and Client Outreach) with a focus on supporting success in achieving their revenue targets.
- Developing tools such as value-proposition models, customer-value calculators and solution configurators to facilitate more time in front of the customer.
You will monitor health and safety trends and emerging hazards/markets to identify new opportunities for growth by:
- Collaborating with internal teams/subject matter experts and partners to uncover new revenue opportunities.
- Creating partnerships, engaging stakeholders and working closely with PSHSA’s leadership team, staff, funder, advisory committees, and broader community members.
- Based on consumer input and internal consultation, systematically prioritize possible products weighing potential return versus capital and human resources outlay required to take each product to market.
- Developing strong relationships with our clients; gathering information on their needs, and communicating the learned product/service insights to the development team.
- Collaboratively working and leading the Emerging Markets team to develop solutions to customer problems.
- Leading and driving the Regional Training strategy and performance.
You will develop and lead the Client Experience (Cx) Team to deliver best-in-class client service and support for both PSHSA’s internal and external clients by:
- Driving a transformational customer first strategy that delivers a proactive and predictive client support experience with measurable results that is aligned with the overall objectives
- Providing vision and direction to support our growth initiatives and provide top notch client experiences by improving our SLAs, client satisfaction, and NPS scores while evaluating and implementing new support channels.
- Identifying and communicating trends early such that our business can address challenges and/or seize opportunities to improve outcomes; regularly presenting progress and insights to senior leadership
- Leading a highly engaged Client Experience and Acquisition team, fostering a culture of collaboration, achievement, and continuous learning
- Working with other departmental leaders to apply cross-functional approaches to continuously improve the customer experience within the end-to-end customer journey in mind.
- Collecting, analyzing and leveraging statistics, insights and feedback to provide guidance and recommendations to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Identifying and leading cross-sell and upsell opportunities and retention programs and strategies to enhance customer loyalty and advocacy (including case studies, speaking opportunities, referrals, testimonials, partnerships).
Serving as an escalation point while at the same time, coaching and mentoring the CX Team to work agile by owning and developing solutions for our clients.
What you bring to the role:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related field (business, marketing, commerce), and a minimum 8 years of solution-based selling experience in which you understand how to align and become a strategic solutions partner to fulfill client needs.
- MBA considered an asset.
- Minimum 3 years leading a high performing sales and/or customer service team.
- A proven track record of developing and leading a growth strategy that focuses on the customer needs.
- You describe yourself as client-focused, dynamic and a strategic thinker who is agile, resilient, creative and capable entrepreneurial leader.
- Bring strong business development acumen and execution, including identifying opportunities, supporting existing projects, and identifying new business relationships and growth areas to drive revenue through grants, sales or revenue sharing opportunities.
- Financial acumen in understanding operations and developing proposals.
- Experience designing and directing an innovation or entrepreneurship program.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to act independently in times of ambiguity and rapid change and can easily manage competing activities/tasks and changing priorities.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary with generous vacation time
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Comprehensive extended health and dental for you and your dependents
- Learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
PSHSA is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Labour and works with Ontario’s Public and Broader Public Sector employers and workers, providing training, consulting and resources to reduce workplace risks and prevent occupational injuries and illnesses. PSHSA achieves inspiring results in occupational health and safety by identifying, reducing workplace hazards and risks to prevent workplace injuries, illness and disease for more than 1.7 million workers in over 10,000 organizations across Ontario.
At PSHSA, we believe that learning should be accessible, engaging and impactful. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and intellectual tools that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. What are the ingredients to our success? Our strong and forward-thinking leadership team, our sector-leading products, and our culture that fosters our I-CARE values: Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Integrity and Excellence. But most importantly – our extraordinary, talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people.