Join our team and help create a healthier and safer tomorrow for Ontario’s Public Sector Community!
Health and Safety Consultants provide health and safety training, support, guidance, and advice to all workplace parties within specific sectors in the Province of Ontario. This position develops proactive initiatives and strategies to foster health and safety as a core business value among clients. In this position, you will be responsible for ongoing client engagement, building client relationships to help them improve health and safety outcomes, and to position PSHSA as a leader in delivery of client focused solutions.
- Competitive salary with a defined-benefit pension plan
- Comprehensive Health and Dental benefits from Day 1
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Healthcare Spending Account
- Support for personal and professional growth and development
- Home office set up support and ergo assessment
- A rewarding career opportunity to make a positive impact within the health & safety industry
- An environment that supports, and fosters knowledge sharing and provides key experiences to increase capabilities through projects or objectives
- Initiates, fosters, maintains and develops relationships with the sector (worker, employer union, key stakeholders and associations)
- Regularly identifies partnership opportunities and makes appropriate referrals.
- Develops and maintains collaborative working partnerships with colleagues, external clients and key stakeholders such as System Partners to advance PSHSA’s objectives. (i.e., Ministry of Labour, WSIB).
- Identify and develop consulting relationship with sector association and networking groups to advance knowledge/awareness of OHS/PSHSA and promotes the benefits of implementing health and safety initiatives; provides best practice examples, which have incorporated health and safety programs into their existing processes.
- Proactively and reactively analyzes customer needs and concerns by researching the client’s history through a variety of mediums (i.e., Websites, firm profiles, applicable legislation and other informal sources) and applies health and safety expertise to improve their current program(s).
- Develop and coordinate training schedule to meet needs.
- Promotes the benefits of implementing health and safety initiatives; utilizes internal consulting processes to support and direct clients with the development of customized health and safety programs to be incorporated into their existing organizational structure.
- Prepares and presents effective proposals as part of the sales/consulting presentation to sector clients to illustrate the benefits of using PSHSA products and services to improve workplace health and safety.
- Provides on-site and regional health and safety training and facilitation services to clients to increase workplace health and safety awareness.
Operational / Subject Matter Expertise
- Provides health and safety consulting services and or liaises with other PSHSA consultants to provide consulting services to assist clients with the reduction of workplace hazards and the elimination of workplace injuries and illnesses.
- Identify and make arrangements for local course facilitators to increase reach & reduce travel and offer training in general health and safety awareness.
- Assist in the development, review, and implementation of PSHSA products, programs and services.
- Collaborates internally with Client Acquisition, Emerging Markets, Marketing and Multi-channel Delivery to identify, develop and deliver strategies to meet market needs.
- Translates and applies Occupational Health and Safety Act legislation into practical and required application within the environment.
- Proactively responds to client information requests promptly and accurately, serving as a resource for information and services; maintains records of all activities.
- Collaboratively researches and stays abreast of common health and safety trends within the sector.
- A university degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Post-secondary completion of a health and safety program.
- Designation(s) in health and safety or related disciplines (e.g., CRSP, CCPE ROH) preferred
- Minimum 5 years of related job
- Knowledgeable in health and safety legislation, auditing, health and safety management systems.
- Significant experience in consulting, managing a client base, building relationships and achieving targets and objectives.
- An excellent facilitator, knowledgeable about adult learning principles and capable of delivering training sessions at all levels.
- Able to manage and prioritize a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Works well independently and collaborative within a team.
- Able to work with a variety of software, including Microsoft Office, Excel and Customer Relationship Management systems.
The Public Services Health and Safety Association is growing to meet the demands of a changing landscape that puts a spotlight on Occupational Health and Safety in Ontario. We are on a mission to be a leader in digital workplace health & safety solutions. Our team is innovative, creative, and passionate about creating safer workplaces and bringing Ontario workers home safely.
Details of the Role
Status: Permanent, Full-time Hours of Work: 37.5 hours/week
Location: Remote in Ontario Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
Travel Required: Yes Classification: Grade 9
We are looking for individuals that are passionate about health and safety and share our i-CARE values: Innovation. Collaboration. Accountability. Respect & Integrity. Excellence. Feel like you have some of the requirements but not all? We encourage you to apply even if your experience does not match every requirement.
Please visit our Career Centre to apply! While we sincerely appreciate all applications and your interest in PSHSA, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As a reminder, at PSHSA we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having a diverse team. We encourage you to confidentially share any accessibility needs with our recruitment team should you successfully be chosen for an interview.