The Public Services Health and Safety Association is growing to meet the demands of a changing landscape that puts a spotlight on Occupational Health and Safety in Ontario. We are on a mission to be a leader in digital workplace health & safety solutions. Our team is innovative, creative, and passionate about helping bring Ontario workers home safely.
Reporting to the Manager, Product & Digital Solutions, the Product Services Specialist will identify go to market strategies, and manage product development projects and the lifecycle of existing products in order to maximize value for the organization. They will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to design and deliver innovate, evidence-based solutions. They understand instructional design methodologies and adult learning principles and how they apply to eLearning and new product development.
PSHSA is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Labour and works with Ontario’s Public and Broader Public Sector employers and workers, providing training, consulting, and resources to reduce workplace risks and prevent occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Leads all aspects of the product development process (discovery, design, development, delivery, launch and evaluation) for assigned projects across all delivery channels including digital, virtual instructor led, in-person and blended learning solutions.
- Uses insight from quantitative and qualitative research and trends in the marketplace to support idea generation and product concept development.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to design and develop innovative solutions that are evidence-based and technically correct.
- Identify and recommend learning strategy for each product/solution including measurable product and learner goals, validates and measures the learning experience and, actively looks for new ways to create value in PSHSA’s learning solutions.
- Works with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to identify shared goals for new and innovative learning experiences to advance occupational health and safety in Ontario.
- Manages new product development projects including establishing scope, deliverables, evaluation criteria
- Establishes evaluation methodologies to determine effectiveness and efficiency in delivery of learning experiences
- Establish evaluation strategies and feedback methods to ensure all products implemented meet learner needs.
- Application and thorough understanding of adult learning theory, instructional methodologies and technology enabled design and learning methods.
- Develops custom development specifications with clients and stakeholders.
- Assist with the development of RFP responses related to learning solutions
- A university degree or equivalent education and experience
- Formal training in Adult Education and/or instructional design
- 3-5 years instructional design experience including across digital, virtual instructor led, in-person and self-guided eLearning environments
- Strong business acumen and understanding of learner experience strategy trends and able to translate those into training products
- Demonstrates ability to synthesize and apply a variety of information (market, technical, customer, etc.) to new development
- Deep understanding of front-end concept development and proven experience developing products including full implementation and product launch them to the market. ability to work with a variety of stakeholders
- Proven experience working with experts to identify and incorporate graphics, animations, digital audio, video, other multimedia elements & interactivity to support teaching and learning.
- Project management capabilities
- Experience with Articulate Storyline preferred
- Experience with creative knowledge media
- Knowledge of the WCAG accessibility standard preferred