Join our team and help create a healthier and safer tomorrow for Ontario’s Public Sector Community!
Reporting to the Workplace Violence Prevention Resource Development – Project Manager, the Workplace Violence Prevention Research and Project Coordinator will be responsible for completing a comprehensive review of new and leading practices to reduce workplace violence within the education sector. This position will enhance, revise, and improve the workplace violence risk assessment toolkit for the education sector, ensuring the toolkit meets legislative requirements while meeting the education sector’s needs. The revised toolkit will allow for educational institutions to identify areas of heightened risk of violence in the workplace along with leading practices of interventions and controls that will reduce of risk of violence to educators and students.
- Conduct and interpret market research related to Violence prevention in the education sector, inclusive of literature review and a jurisdictional (education sector) scan.
- Coordinate aspects of day-to-day research and project deliverables
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones
- Track project milestones and deliverables
- Monitor and report on the progress of the project
- Identify and resolve issues and conflict within the project
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Engage and communicate with stakeholders on an on-going basis
- Develop/write reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Work with Program Manager to proactively manage changes in project scope, potential challenges, and devise contingency plans
- Support Project Manager in the management of stakeholder engagement and relations throughout the project.
- Support the facilitation and coordination of meetings including booking of resources
- Consolidate and analyze material from the information gathering activities including stakeholder engagement sessions
- Collaborate with Project Manager of the project
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong ability to conduct market research
- Experience with Workplace Violence prevention preferred
- CRSP or related OHS designation an asset
- Strong communication skills; written, oral and interpersonal; comfortable with contacting clients and participating in meetings
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective and comprehensive reports and presentations for specific audiences.
- Demonstrated collaboration, facilitative and consultation skills.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Education sector, current workplace violence legislation, and best management practices.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office; aptitude for learning new software. Experience with MS Visio and SharePoint is an asset
- Excellent time management skills
Details of the Role
Status: Full-time, 6-month Contract
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours/week
Location: Remote in Ontario
Bargaining Unit Position: No
Travel Required: Yes
The Public Services Health and Safety Association is growing to meet the demands of a changing landscape that puts a spotlight on Occupational Health and Safety in Ontario. We are on a mission to be a leader in digital workplace health & safety solutions. Our team is innovative, creative, and passionate about creating safer workplaces and bringing Ontario workers home safely.
We are looking for individuals that are passionate about health and safety and share our i-CARE values: Innovation. Collaboration. Accountability. Respect & Integrity. Excellence. Feel like you have some of the requirements but not all? We encourage you to apply even if your experience does not match every requirement.
Please visit our Career Centre to apply! While we sincerely appreciate all applications and your interest in PSHSA, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As a reminder, at PSHSA we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having a diverse team. We encourage you to confidentially share any accessibility needs with our recruitment team should you successfully be chosen for an interview.