Join our team and help create a healthier and safer tomorrow for Ontario’s Public Sector Community!
Reporting to the Manager, Workplace Wellbeing, the Workplace Wellbeing Consultant enables healthy and safe workplaces through research, innovative development and delivery of specialized wellbeing resources, products and services.
- Competitive salary with a defined-benefit pension plan
- Comprehensive Health and Dental benefits from Day 1
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Healthcare Spending Account
- Support for personal and professional growth and development
- Home office support and ergo assessment
- A rewarding career opportunity to make a positive impact within the health and safety industry
- An environment that supports, and fosters knowledge sharing and provides key experiences to increase capabilities through projects or objectives
- Use market research and comprehensive literature reviews to identify opportunities to create specialized wellbeing consulting or educational services to address unmet client needs in the prevention of emerging issues
- Assist in the development, review, and implementation of PSHSA products and programs, acting as a subject matter expert and mentor to team partners where required.
- Support and develop go-to-market strategies for emerging products and services.
- Actively pursue strategic business opportunities by cultivating and supporting partnerships, identifying new markets and developing and implementing revenue growth plans.
- Act as a project lead working cross-functionally with assigned primes to create final proposal submissions using past projects, and existing content, and win theme incorporation during regular team review cycles
- Maintain knowledge of the OH&S Act and related regulations, leading edge health, safety and wellbeing initiatives across the province and other jurisdictions and PSHSA products and services.
- Champion health, safety and wellbeing initiatives in public sector workplaces to reduce injuries and incidents and enhance wellbeing outcomes of clients with complex needs.
- Knowledgeable in health and safety legislation, and leading workplace wellbeing practices.
- Knowledge of workplace psychosocial factors and the CSAZ1003 Standard for Psychological Health and Safety in the workplace is an asset - Psychological Health and Safety Professional Certificate (or equivalent) is an asset
- Designation in an area of specialization is an asset (e.g., Canadian Certified Professional Ergonomist) Master’s degree in a related area of study is an asset
- Minimum 7 years of related job experience.
- Demonstrated experience in Product Development and/or Business Development is preferred
- Experience developing and facilitating training, knowledgeable about adult learning principles and capable of delivering training sessions at all levels
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to build a rapport with colleagues and clients.
- Strong writing skills with experience tailoring communication strategy and approach to various audiences
- Able to manage and prioritize a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Works well independently and collaboratively within a team
- Self starter attitude, able to work with limited oversight
- Able to work with a variety of software, including Microsoft Office, Excel and Customer Relationship Management systems.
Details of the Role
Status: Permanent, Full-time
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours/week
Location: Remote in Ontario, Canada
Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
Travel Required: Yes
Classification: Grade 9
The Public Services Health and Safety Association is growing to meet the demands of a changing landscape that puts a spotlight on Occupational Health and Safety in Ontario. We are on a mission to be a leader in digital workplace health & safety solutions. Our team is innovative, creative, and passionate about creating safer workplaces and bringing Ontario workers home safely.
We are looking for individuals that are passionate about health and safety and share our i-CARE values: Innovation. Collaboration. Accountability. Respect & Integrity. Excellence. Feel like you have some of the requirements but not all? We encourage you to apply even if your experience does not match every requirement.
Please visit our Career Centre to apply! While we sincerely appreciate all applications and your interest in PSHSA, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As a reminder, at PSHSA we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having a diverse team. We encourage you to confidentially share any accessibility needs with our recruitment team should you successfully be chosen for an interview.