This 3-day Distance Learning course covers the first part of the training required for you to be a certified member of a workplace Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC). Combined with Part Two, it leads to certification under Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development guidelines.
In this course, you will learn:
• The relevant legislation
• Your legal rights and responsibilities as a JHSC member
• Common workplace hazards
• How to recognize, assess, control and evaluate workplace hazards
• How to conduct workplace inspections and accident investigations
• Responding to employee health and safety concerns and suggestions
• Maintaining and monitoring records
Who should take this Distance Learning course?
JHSC members who want to become certified, regardless of any previous experience in health and safety. Workplaces that regularly have 20 or more employees must ensure at least 2 personnel have completed JHSC Certification training.
Applicable to all sectors, this mandatory course is relevant to all Ontario workplaces and accessible to everyone through instructor-led online delivery.
Note: JHSC Certification Part 2 must be completed within 12 months of completing JHSC Certification Part 1.