Continuous Improvement Manager
PSHSA is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Labour and works with Ontario’s Public and Broader Public Sector employers and workers, providing training, consulting and resources to reduce workplace risks and prevent occupational injuries and illnesses. PSHSA achieves inspiring results in occupational health and safety by identifying, reducing workplace hazards and risks to prevent workplace injuries, illness and disease for more than 1.7 million workers in over 10,000 organizations across Ontario.
At PSHSA, we believe that learning should be accessible, engaging and impactful. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and intellectual tools that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. What are the ingredients to our success? Our strong and forward-thinking leadership team, our sector-leading products, and our culture that fosters our I-CARE values: Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Integrity and Excellence. But most importantly – our extraordinary, talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people.
Reporting to the Director, Information Management & Technology, the Manager Continuous Improvement will be responsible to develop and implement the CI framework via Lean and Six Sigma methods for the entire organization. Responsibilities include performing business processes assessment, planning, redesigning, facilitation and training to secure the following deliverables:
- a business process improvement framework within PSHSA is built and managed internally;
- other business processes, which need improvement are identified with involvement of other stakeholders;
- assigned projects with clear ROI / measures are implemented successfully;
- at least one PSHSA employee is trained towards the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
The Manager Continuous Improvement will work closely with the senior leadership team to progress towards establishing a culture of continuous improvement across the organization.
As a result of successful execution, the Manager Continuous Improvement will help deliver significant bottom line improvements via quantified results in both internal and external customer experience enhancements.
- Lead and participate in process improvement through stakeholder interviews and facilitated sessions to gather cross-functional issues and opportunities, recommending best practices as appropriate.
- Build and manage effective stakeholder relationships. Organize and synthesize information provided by stakeholders.
- Performing detailed process assessment using Six Sigma and Lean Transformations tools and concepts to drive the design and implementation of optimized business processes.
- Capture, quantify and present benefits of proposed continuous improvement activities.
- Introduce and deploy process improvement with control and optimization strategies for substantiating continuous success.
- Develop business process roadmaps in conjunction with other supporting documentation and artifacts spanning multiple functional areas. Prepare artifacts in an understandable and presentable format.
- Establish Continuous Improvement Framework that will deliver significant and quantifiable improvements in various business areas.
- Help deploy the Consulting Management Process across Client Outreach organization.
- Provide input to development of CI Business plan by understanding internal business objectives, benchmarking external best practices, and identifying improvement opportunities.
- Manage effectively changes and conflicts during the process of elicitation.
- Manage the development and deployment of Lean tools and methodologies in the way that will raise the skills and knowledge of PSHSA’s employees.
- Provide training to internal resources on necessary Lean tools and concepts to ensure effective deployment of Lean initiatives.
- Provide coaching that will enable achievement of business results by identifying and eliminating waste and also promote the development of continuous improvement culture.
- University Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing; MBA/MA/MS degree would be an asset.
- Six Sigma Black Belt/Master Black Belt and Lean Master Certifications from accredited organizations.
- 5+ years of continuous improvement management, process re-engineering experience including but not limited to procedure analysis, business processes, quality improvement, integration of new initiatives;
- Proven knowledge and experience in applying Six Sigma and Lean Transformations within different organizations with proven record of savings, leading change and educating others on Lean principles and deployment planning.
- Strong project management along with hands on experience in change management models (e.g. ADKAR, Kotter etc.), as well as analytical and computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and applicable proprietary software applications with ability to integrate new technology into an existing business environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation and influence skills – must be able to articulate a clear vision through presentations with senior management and at all levels of the organization using strong logic and compelling data to gain commitment.
- Must be a disciplined self-starter who is self-motivated. Ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually is critical for success.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thought processes to develop, recommend and implement metrics, dashboard concepts, strategies and programs that address corporate objectives.
- Proven ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
- Background in Health and Safety environment would be an asset.
- Can-do attitude – must be proactive and solution-oriented, looking for ways to add value.
- Ability to work well under pressure and respond to tight deadlines.
- Bold, innovative and enjoy challenging yourself.
Mainly home based; office based depending on the projects.
Applicants are asked to forward their resume by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Continuous Improvement Manager” in the subject line by 4:00 p.m. on July 31, 2019.
PSHSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, PSHSA will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.