Health and Safety Consultant, Government
The Public Services Health & Safety Association serves Ontario’s public service sector, including universities, colleges and school boards, municipalities, health and community care organizations, emergency services and First Nations communities. Our highly skilled staff assist over 10,000 organizations achieve safer and healthier work environments for their more than 1.7 million workers. Through collaboration, innovation, and consultation with our clients and stakeholders we help drive improvements in occupational health and safety by providing increased access and availability of resources and decreased costs for employers.
By utilizing and upholding our I-CARE core values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Integrity and Excellence; PSHSA achieves inspiring results in occupational health and safety by identifying, reducing workplace hazards and risks to prevent workplace injuries, illness and disease across Ontario.
The Health and Safety Consultant provides health and safety consultation, training, support, guidance and advice to Public Services Health & Safety Association clients in our Government Sector.
- Develop relationships with PSHSA’s client groups, providing consulting services to effectively support a client base to address their health and safety needs focusing on program development to reduce injuries and illnesses.
- Partner with clients and key stakeholders, promoting PSHSA programs and services that meet the client’s identified goals and needs and help the client create a healthy and safe work environment.
- Champion health and safety initiatives to reduce injuries and incidents and enhance safety performance of clients.
- Support efforts of the regional team through project management, educating, assisting, and mentoring team partners.
- Maintain knowledge of the OH&S Act and related regulations, leading edge health and safety initiatives across the province and other jurisdictions, and PSHSA products and services.
- Assist in the development, review, and implementation of PSHSA products and programs, acting as subject matter expert when required.
- Represent PSHSA to individuals, groups, JHSC’s, senior officers and other groups.
- A university degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Post-secondary completion of a health and safety program.
- Preferred background/experience in municipal, public safety or education.
- A Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or other equivalent designation is encouraged.
- Minimum 5 years of related job experience.
- Knowledgeable in health and safety legislation, auditing and health and safety management systems.
- Significant experience in consulting, managing a client base, building relationships and achieving targets and objectives.
- An excellent facilitator, knowledgeable about adult learning principles and capable of delivering training sessions at all levels.
- Able to manage and prioritize a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Works well independently and collaborative within a team.
- Able to work with a variety of software, including Microsoft Office, Excel and Customer Relationship Management systems.
Applicants are asked to forward their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Health and Safety Consultant – Government” in the subject line by 4:00 p.m. on June 25, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
PSHSA will provide accommodation(s) to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) that you may require.