Health and Safety Contract Trainer – Certification Training
Public Services Health & Safety Association (PSHSA) is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Labour and works with Ontario’s Public and Broader Public Sector employers and workers, providing training, consulting and resources to reduce workplace risks and prevent occupational injuries and illnesses. By utilizing and upholding our I-CARE core values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Integrity and Excellence, PSHSA achieves inspiring results in occupational health and safety by identifying, reducing workplace hazards and risks to prevent workplace injuries, illness and disease for more than 1.7 million workers in over 10,000 organizations across Ontario.
Are you looking for a great opportunity to work for an organization that is dedicated to bringing every worker home safe and healthy? We are looking for Health and Safety Contract Trainers that share our passion for workplace health and safety.
- Deliver Joint Health and Safety Committee Certification Part 1 and Part 2 Training to PSHSA’s client groups;
- Deliver other health and safety training as required and requested
- Deliver certification and non-certification training according to PSHSA standards and lesson plans;
- Maintain knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and related regulations, leading edge Health and Safety initiatives across the province and other jurisdictions, and PSHSA products and services;
- Represent PSHSA to individuals and classes within the education, municipal and healthcare sectors;
- Ability to deliver Working at Heights training considered an asset
- Technical occupational health and safety knowledge and experience in the approved training program topic(s), obtained through at least one of the following:
- five (5) years of recent occupational health and safety experience;
- a professional occupational health and safety designation;
- successful completion of at least 30 hours of occupational health and safety training over the past two years; or
- a degree, diploma or certificate in occupational health and safety from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- A combination of adult education delivery experience and knowledge of adult education principles obtained through at least one of the following:
- more than 100 hours of adult education delivery experience in the last five (5) years;
- successful completion of an instructor training program based on adult learning principles;
- a degree, diploma, or certificate in adult education principles from a recognized post-secondary institution; or
- a professional training and development designation
- Knowledge about the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations relating to joint health and safety committees.
- Able to meet the travel commitments of the position
Qualified applicants are asked to forward their resume to Human Resources by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete application will include: Cover letter and Resume referencing the job title in the subject line.
PSHSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, PSHSA will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.