Manager Occupational Therapy
Do you like to be on the leading edge of your practice and are you ready to help build new programs that support the integration of occupational therapy into primary prevention within the workplace?
In this day of increasingly complex work environments we are looking to take health and safety to the next level with challenging thinking while addressing new and emerging issues. We are committed to serving our market of over 1.67 million Ontario workers through our great execution. We continue on a digital evolution and embrace Intelligent Safety™, which provides strong forward momentum and thought leadership. It is about adopting new technologies to drive change within workplaces and for our learners.
Our market is asking us to provide occupational therapy based programs and services to address some of their greatest health and safety challenges. PSHSA is currently seeking a visionary leader who will take on the challenge of building this new business line based on traditional occupational therapy practices and its application in emerging occupational health and safety areas such as fatigue, impairment and mental health. You are a creative thinker with an entrepreneurial mindset who can apply your practice to establish workplace-based consulting and education programs in order help our clients focus on primary prevention of workplace injuries and illnesses.
If this sounds intriguing we are looking for you to join us in the role of the Manager Occupational Therapy at Public Services Health & Safety Association (PSHSA), reporting to the Director, Emerging Markets & Commercialization.
PSHSA is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Labour and works with Ontario’s Public and Broader Public Sector employers and workers, providing training, consulting and resources to reduce workplace risks and prevent occupational injuries and illnesses. PSHSA achieves inspiring results in occupational health and safety by identifying, reducing workplace hazards and risks to prevent workplace injuries, illness and disease for more than 1.7 million workers in over 10,000 organizations across Ontario.
At PSHSA, we believe that learning should be accessible, engaging and impactful. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and intellectual tools that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. What are the ingredients to our success? Our strong and forward-thinking leadership team, our sector-leading products, and our culture that fosters our I-CARE values: Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Integrity and Excellence. But most importantly – our extraordinary, talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people.
With a deep understanding of how occupational therapy can contribute to primary, secondary and tertiary prevention of injuries and illnesses in the workplace you will support PSHSA’s Strategic Plan by:
- Applying your clinical experience to lead the development of PSHSA’s new Occupational Therapy business line (programs, products and services) ensuring that PSHSA meets all regulatory requirements
- Utilizing market research and analysis to identify how occupational therapy practices can be applied through occupational health and safety consulting or educational services to address unmet customer needs in the prevention of emerging issues such as mental health and post traumatic stress disorder in public safety and frontline healthcare workers
- Identifying new consulting, educational programs or products that anticipate and act on emerging issues in order to help PSHSA enter new markets and provide products and services which focus on establishing safe environments and healthy workers
- Integrating occupational therapy practices into existing occupational health and safety consulting services where applicable
- Building and launching new consulting, educational programs and products to the market using inter-disciplinary expertise within PSHSA including occupational health and safety experts as well as eLearning and product development and marketing
- Providing knowledge transfer to, and collaborating with our Client outreach team to ensure comprehensive understanding of how new services and programs align with existing occupational health and safety consulting model/practice.
- Establishing objectives and KPI’s for team that measure and monitor the increased growth in PSHSA’s revenue generation, reputation and market reach
- Identifying revenue drivers, high-level business models, estimated revenue projections and quantify revenue opportunities to determine feasibility of new business lines
- Leading the development of competitive RFPs / bids ensuring that you collaborate with other internal stakeholders to address the requirements of the proposal meet the needs of PSHSA’s clients
- Managing and leading a high performing team responsible for the execution of PSHSA’s occupational therapy business line
- Master’s Degree or recognized equivalent in Occupational Therapy.
- Registered and in good standing with College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
- 3-5 years providing Occupational Therapy services.
- CTDP certification is an asset.
- Background in designing new programs or services is considered an asset.
- Previous experience managing or leading teams or project initiatives.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change, with proven ability to achieve within an unstructured environment and the willingness to take on challenges.
- Proven interpersonal and project management skills to interact effectively and work closely with internal and external clients, vendors, internal and external development staff, health and safety subject matter experts, product managers and curriculum developers and facilitators.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the proven ability to interface with all organizational levels.
- Can-do attitude – must be proactive and solution-oriented, looking for ways to add value.
- Ability to work well under pressure and respond to tight deadlines.
- Bold, innovative and enjoy challenging yourself.
- Big picture thinker, go-getter, self-starter, problem solver.
Applicants are asked to forward their resume by email at email@example.com with “Manager Occupational Therapy” in the subject line by 4:00 p.m. on July 31st, 2019.
PSHSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, PSHSA will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.