Working at Heights Trainer, Contract
Public Services Health & Safety Association (PSHSA) is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Labour and works with Ontario’s Public and Broader Public Sector employers and workers, providing training, consulting and resources to reduce workplace risks and prevent occupational injuries and illnesses. By utilizing and upholding our I-CARE core values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Integrity and Excellence, PSHSA achieves inspiring results in occupational health and safety by identifying, reducing workplace hazards and risks to prevent workplace injuries, illness and disease for more than 1.7 million workers in over 10,000 organizations across Ontario.
Are you looking for a great opportunity to work for an organization that is dedicated to bringing every worker home safe and healthy? We are looking for Working at Heights Training providers that share our passion for workplace health and safety.
- Deliver Working at Heights to PSHSA’s client groups;
- Deliver other Health and Safety Training programs as requested including Basic Certification and Part 2 Certification training as required;
- Deliver training according to PSHSA standards and lesson plans;
- Maintain knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and related regulations, leading edge Health and Safety initiatives across the province and other jurisdictions, and PSHSA products and services;
- Represent PSHSA to individuals and classes within the education, municipal and healthcare sectors;
- Technical Occupational Health and Safety Knowledge and Experience obtained through at least one of the following:
- A professional occupational health and safety designation;
- Successful completion of at least 30 hours of occupational health and safety training over the last two years;
- Five years of recent occupational health and safety experience;
- A degree, diploma or certificate in occupational health and safety from a recognized post-secondary institution; or
- A combination of adult-education delivery experience and knowledge of principles obtained through at least one of the following:
- More than 100 hours of adult education delivery experience in the last five years;
- A degree, diploma, or certificate in adult-education principles from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- A professional training and development designation; or
- Successful completion of an instructor training program based on adult learning principles.
- Knowledge of the approved working at heights training program topics:
- More than 4 years of recent delivery experience with Working at Heights training program topic(s).
- Experience with working at heights and more than 2 years’ experience delivering working at heights training
- Instructors will also be required to have knowledge and experience with:
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations with specific attention to working at heights;
- Codes, standards and guidelines with specific attention to sections related to working at heights in general, and the specific equipment to be used in delivering the training program;
- The hazards of working at heights; and
- Work access, fall prevention and personal fall protection equipment referred to in the approved training program, and the limitations of this equipment.
- Able to meet the travel commitments of the position.
Qualified applicants are asked to forward their resume to Human Resources by email to email@example.com.
Complete application will include: Cover letter and Resume referencing the job title in the subject line.
PSHSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, PSHSA will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.