Full Stack Web Developer
The Public Services Health & Safety Association serves Ontario’s public service sector, including universities, colleges and school boards, municipalities, health and community care organizations, emergency services and First Nations communities. Our highly skilled staff assist over 10,000 organizations achieve safer and healthier work environments for their more than 1.7 million workers. Through collaboration, innovation, and consultation with our clients and stakeholders we help drive improvements in occupational health and safety by providing increased access and availability of resources and decreased costs for employers.
By utilizing and upholding our I-CARE core values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Integrity and Excellence; PSHSA achieves inspiring results in occupational health and safety by identifying, reducing workplace hazards and risks to prevent workplace injuries, illness and disease across Ontario.
This position will be part of IT team with the responsibility of building Web applications to accommodate changing business requirements. Responsibilities will include the development of all server-side logic, APIs, good knowledge of WordPress and Apostrophe CMS and the ability to implement front-end technologies. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining the integration between website, eLearning system and internally hosted applications, such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Great Plains.
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Deliver, customized web solutions to fully integrate with other business applications.
- Extract and analyze existing traffic, logs and usage metrics to proactively scan for issues or improvements for monitoring purposes and to assess and optimize for speed and scalability.
- Develop documentation, flowcharts, diagrams, code comments and Training manuals.
- Explain the technical trade-offs of different approaches, including estimating how long each will take to build.
- Project estimating using work back schedules and time management with the ability to prioritize based on deadlines.
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Setup and administration of website backups.
- Create and modify reports.
- Train website administrators for data entry and financial report gathering.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving ability.
- Manage the hosting environment, including database administration, webserver administration and scaling of applications to support load changes.
- Planning, implementing and maintaining all web hosting environments such as development, testing and production.
- A degree or diploma in computer science or related discipline or equivalent education and experience.
- 4-5 years of PHP with MySQL.
- Working knowledge of creating full stack web application using Reactjs, relay, graphQL and PostgreSQL and Keycloak.
- Solid understanding of UI and UX design.
- Ability to build responsive/adaptive solutions.
- Ability to work with creative team to implement or improve website features.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Advanced comfort level with technical change management, its affects, results and consequences on current code base.
- Advanced design and development experience with WordPress and Apostrophe CMS Platforms.
- Experience in database design and development using RDBMS.
- Comfortable exploring the database structure for a sound understanding of how plugins store data.
- Ability to use and integrate with APIs on any platform.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of accessibility considerations and web standards.
- Experience using software versioning and revision control system SVN + or GIT.
- High comfort level managing timelines with a keen sense of ownership and responsibility.
- An enthusiasm for understanding business objectives, industry terminology and stakeholder decisions and be part of the solution.
- Gitlab and AWS console experience preferred.
Applicants are asked to forward their resume by email to email@example.com, with “Full Stack Web Developer” in the subject line by 4:00 p.m. on April 6, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
PSHSA will provide accommodation(s) to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) that you may require.