Lead, Communications and Engagement – 12 Month Contract
The Public Services Health & Safety Association serves Ontario’s public service sector, including universities, colleges and school boards, municipalities, health and community care organizations, emergency services and First Nations communities. Our highly skilled staff assist over 10,000 organizations achieve safer and healthier work environments for their more than 1.7 million workers. Through collaboration, innovation, and consultation with our clients and stakeholders we help drive improvements in occupational health and safety by providing increased access and availability of resources and decreased costs for employers.
By utilizing and upholding our I-CARE core values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Integrity and Excellence; PSHSA achieves inspiring results in occupational health and safety by identifying, reducing workplace hazards and risks to prevent workplace injuries, illness and disease across Ontario.
The Lead, Communications and Engagement is responsible for integrating and optimizing PSHSA’s internal and brand communications in support of both the employee and customer experience. This includes development and execution of communications strategies, content and engagement activities for both internal and external stakeholders.
Internally, the mandate of this role will be to implement and maintain an integrated internal communications strategy to foster a collaborative, engaged and transparent workplace in support of PSHSA’s ICARE values. This role also seeks to find unique and creative ways to inform, educate and activate employees around areas that are important to their PSHSA experience to build community, morale and commitment.
Externally, this role requires the design and delivery of a wide range of strategic communications activities that include, but are not limited to, communications plans, presentations, leadership messaging, news releases, social media and editorial copy. This role works closely with staff and partners to develop the messaging, stories and materials that articulate, represent and advance PSHSA’s brand and reputation in support of its goals and priorities.
Lead communications efforts around the employee experience, including the implementation and ongoing management of PSHSA’s internal communications strategy.
- Works closely with Human Resources to identify, address and implement engagement strategies.
- Develop, distribute and manage internal communications, announcements and updates.
- Develop communication strategies to support key initiatives, projects and programs, with a focus on improving internal communication and increasing employee engagement.
- Support the execution of internal communications initiatives and events.
Lead the planning and execution of PSHSA’s external content strategy in support of the client experience.
- Manage and maintain PSHSA’s content distribution platforms (corporate blog, email marketing, social media), including the planning, creation, publication and governance of useful, usable content.
- Provide copywriting and editing services to the organization (e.g. ads, articles, reports, proposals).
- Support the execution of external communications initiatives and events (e.g. AGM).
Provide strategic communication support to leadership across the organization for internal and external purposes.
- Develop communications plans to support internal staff and teams regarding strategic organizational initiatives, projects and programs, labour relations issues, projects and programs, and other organizational changes.
- Develop speeches, presentations and other materials as required.
- Advise on best practices and appropriate communication vehicles.
Track performance to optimize efforts.
- Make use of available evaluative tools and analytics to track performance, make informed decisions, leverage valuable channels and better understand audience behaviour.
- Optimize activities as required
Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience with a strong focus on communications.
- Strong understanding of online marketing, with demonstrated experience in community management, email marketing, content management systems and Google Analytics.
- Strong written communications skills.
- Demonstrated professionalism and discretion, and experience in working with highly confidential information.
- Able to manage and prioritize a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Works well independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Applicants are asked to forward their resume by email to email@example.com, with “Lead, Communication and Engagement” in the subject line by 4:00 p.m. on April 10, 2018. Please attach 1-2 writing samples with your job application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
PSHSA will provide accommodation(s) to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) that you may require.