In Ontario, the Occupational Health and Safety Act requires employers to assess the risks of workplace violence and to put in place policies and programs regarding workplace violence and workplace harassment. These Workplace Violence Assessment Tools have been developed to help Ontario employers meet these requirements.
There are three parts to the Workplace Violence Assessments:
1. General Physical Environment Assessment
- Focused on the nature of the workplace, it takes you through a survey of the physical environment and security measures at your workplace
2. Risk Factor Selection Tool
- Used to identify risks specific to your workplace.
3. Assessments for Specific Risks
- Complete the assessment for any specific risk that exists in your workplace including: direct contact with clients; handling cash; working alone or in small numbers; working with unstable or volatile people; working in a community‐based setting; mobile workplace; working in high crime areas; securing or protecting valuable goods; transporting people or goods.