This 1-day CPO-approved instructor-led course is a refresher to JHSC Certification Parts 1 and 2 training programs, and is appropriate for JHSC members in all sectors.
JHSC members who became certified after March 1, 2016 are required to complete JHSC Refresher Training within 3 years of being certified and every 3 years thereafter to maintain certification status. In addition to being a mandated requirement for certified JHSC members, JHSC Certification Refresher training reviews key concepts from JHSC Certification Parts 1 and 2 training and includes relevant updates to OHS legislation and best practices. It is also an opportunity for JHSC members to share and discuss best practices and challenges experienced while on the JHSC.
This full-day course consists of discussions, exercises and a final test. A certificate of completion is provided upon successful completion of the final test. Materials provided include a participant workbook along with resources for use on the JHSC.
Topics covered include:
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Rights, duties and responsibilities of JHSC members
- The RACE method for recognizing, assessing and controlling health and safety hazards, and evaluating hazard controls with the Hazard Management Tool
- Recent updates to OHS laws and best practices
- Plans to improve effectiveness of the JHSC