When working on or around equipment with electrical or other energy sources it is very important to learn about lock-out and tag-out procedures.
Lock-out and tag-out procedures must be correctly followed to prevent you and others from electrocution, amputation, other serious injuries or death.
Appropriate for all sectors, this course is for all workers as an awareness and for individuals who work as facilities management personnel, housekeeping staff, custodians, caretakers, machine operators, maintenance workers, and others who work on or around equipment that has electrical or other energy sources.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe energy hazards requiring lock-out procedures
- Identify and assess the sources of energy that need to be locked out in your workplace
- Identify the relevant legislation and regulations that apply to lock-out
- Describe the main steps in performing a lock-out to control electrical and other hazardous energy sources
- Discuss the need for lock-out policies and procedures specific to your workplace
After registration, you can access the course at pshsa.litmos.com using the participant email you used to register.