The online training program was developed by IWH in partnership with the U.S.-based Liberty Mutual Research Institute for Safety and the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) in Toronto. An international scientific panel of academic and practicing ergonomists reviewed the content to ensure it complied with current scientific findings and international standards, including the Canadian Standards Association’s CSA-Z412-00 (R2011): Guideline on Office Ergonomics. This eLearning course is designed so that participants can learn at their own pace in their own environment.
By the end of this eLearning module, learners will be able to:
- Discuss the risks associated with computer work
- Explain the importance of varying your work posture
- Determine the key factors in maximizing your “comfort zone”
- Evaluate your office work environment
- Apply ergonomics strategies to the arrangement of your work environment
- Explain the importance of healthy computing habits, including rest breaks