We are continually working to improve our front line services through our expertise and leading practices.
Our health & safety consultants offer a wealth of diverse expertise and specialization in a variety of areas to assist you with your health and safety programs.
doctor with a tablet computer
her presentation leaves an impact on her colleagues
Whether you need a strategic assessment, planning support or help with tactical implementation, our consultants work with you to deliver tailored, cost-effective solutions to make your workplace healthier and safer. From basic certification to specialized hands-on training, PSHSA courses can be delivered on-site, at regional training centres or online.
Occupational Health & Safety Management System Accreditation
The Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development is currently conducting a consultation regarding the draft Occupational Health and Safety Management System Accreditation Standard.
The purpose of this draft standard is to outline the proposed elements that an Occupational Health & Safety Management System must contain in order to be accredited by Ontario’s Chief Prevention Officer. The standard’s objectives are to:
- Outline a best practice standard for effective occupational health and safety management systems;
- Reinforce the cooperation of all workplace parties in the promotion of the Internal Responsibility System;
- Encourage workplaces without health and safety management systems to work towards adopting them;
- Encourage employers who have already implemented health and safety management systems to engage in the continual improvement of their systems; and
- Encourage employers to champion health and safety in their business sector.
PSHSA has prepared our consultation response on behalf of our clients in the public and broader public sector.