The Health and Safety Excellence program is a WSIB performance-based rewards program which integrates the strengths of the previous WSIB Small Business, Safety Groups and Workwell programs.
Open to both Schedule 1 and Schedule 2 Employers, this new model provides a clear road map for Ontario businesses to improve workplace health and safety. Whether you are just getting started or want to optimize the systems and processes you already have in place, the Excellence program can help you reach your health and safety goals, create a safer workplace and earn rewards.
As an approved provider of the WSIB Health and Safety Excellence Program, PSHSA will provide you with everything you need to be successful – expert advice on setting goals for improvement, professional coaching and continuous support.
- Earn rebates and lower your WSIB premiums (for Schedule 1 firms).
- Receive recognition demonstrating your commitment to health and safety and improving your ability to attract job seekers, customers and investors.
- Build a well-crafted and functional health and safety program.
- Reduce the risk of workplace hazards and occupational injuries.
- Improve your organization’s health and safety culture.
- Receive support and guidance from a team of leading health and safety experts.
- Gain exclusive access to the PSHSA resource portal.
- Take advantage of opportunities to network, learn and share best practices with other like-minded businesses.
How It Works
Register for an upcoming info session near you to better understand the Health and Safety Excellence Program and the business case for health and safety.
On the WSIB website, choose PSHSA as your approved provider and complete an assessment. You will select 1-5 health and safety topics to work on over a 12-month period.
You will then learn and implement your selected health and safety topics – the building blocks of the program – with support from PSHSA. The program’s flexible timelines allow you to work at your own pace.
Submit evidence of the work you’ve completed for review by PSHSA prior to final WSIB validation. A WSIB validator will then review your program documentation and assess if you have completed your topic(s).
Receive rebates and recognition for your health and safety performance! Financial and non-financial rewards are earned based on individual participant performance. Note that financial rebates are available for Schedule 1 firms only.
Registration for the 2020 Health and Safety Excellence Program year will officially open on Wednesday, November 6, 2019. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-register and receive program updates.