Headed by Director Tanya Morose and a team of regional health & community care experts, Tanya and her team serve the health and community care sector to address a number of challenges.
These challenges are due, in part, to increasing client care demands, including: the aging population, increased client acuity in Community and Long-Term Care, increased obesity rates and increased prevalence of dementia-related illnesses.
Section 21 Committee
The Health Care Section 21 Committee develops guidance notes intended for all health care organizations to provide advice to workplace parties related to legislative requirements and good practices applicable to the prevention of illness and injury to health care workers.
Vice President, Client Outreach, Stakeholder & Government Relations
tanya 2 cropped
Director, Prevention, Retention and Engagement, Public Safety, Health and Community Care
doctor with a tablet computer
Today, healthcare workers have 1.5 times the number of lost-work days than the average Canadian worker.
Recently PSHSA was assigned to help lead with the Province of Ontario, in establishing a Workplace Violence Prevention in Health Care Leadership Table to better protect health care professionals. Members will bring together stakeholders and experts, including patient advocates to provide advice on how to reduce and prevent workplace violence.
An implementation plan will help protect the health and safety of health care professionals as part of the government’s four-part plan.
Community Care Resources
- Community Care: A Tool to Reduce Workplace Hazards
- Community Care Hazard Report Form
- Assessing Violence in the Community: A Handbook for the Workplace
- Workplace Violence Risk Assessment Tools
- Small Business Health & Safety Resouces Manual
- Small Business Resource page
- Resources to Support Healthcare Sector Plan & Blitzes
- Driving Safety for Healthcare Providers
- Transition of Care Fast Fact
- Safe Handling of Hazardous Drugs in Healthcare
- Safe Handling & Disposal of Sharps and Medical Supplies in Home Health Systems
- WHMIS 2015 Fast Fact
- Consumer Symbols Poster
Free Web Tutorials
These tutorials were developed to complement the 8 hazards discussed in the booklet Community Care: A Tool to Reduce Workplace Hazards.