Contract Trainer (Casual)
Public Services Health & Safety Association (PSHSA) is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Labour and works with Ontario’s Public and Broader Public Sector employers and workers, providing training, consulting and resources to reduce workplace risks and prevent occupational injuries and illnesses. By utilizing and upholding our I-CARE core values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Integrity and Excellence, PSHSA achieves inspiring results in occupational health and safety by identifying, reducing workplace hazards and risks to prevent workplace injuries, illness and disease for more than 1.7 million workers in over 10,000 organizations across Ontario.
Are you passionate about helping people learn and facilitating training through a variety of channels – distance learning, blended learning and in class training? We are looking for Contract Trainers that share our passion for workplace health and safety and want to work for an organization dedicated to making sure each worker goes home safe and healthy at the end of the day.
- Deliver a variety of health and safety training courses to business throughout Ontario including one or more of the following Joint Health and Safety Committee Training, Health and Safety for Managers, Working at Heights, and other health and safety courses as required
- Deliver training according to PSHSA requirements, standards and lesson plans;
- Maintain knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and related regulations, leading edge Health and Safety initiatives across the province and other jurisdictions, and PSHSA products and services
- Technical Occupational Health and Safety Knowledge and Experience obtained through at least one of the following:
- A professional occupational health and safety designation;
- Successful completion of at least 30 hours of occupational health and safety training over the last two years;
- Five years of recent occupational health and safety experience;
- A degree, diploma or certificate in occupational health and safety from a recognized post-secondary institution; or
- A combination of adult-education delivery experience and knowledge of principles obtained through at least one of the following:
- More than 100 hours of adult education delivery experience in the last five years;
- A degree, diploma, or certificate in adult-education principles from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- A professional training and development designation; or
- Successful completion of an instructor training program based on adult learning principles.
- Instructors will also be required to have knowledge and experience with:
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations;
- Codes, standards and guidelines
- Able to meet the travel commitments of the position.
Working Conditions: Contract work and travel may be required
Details of the Role
Travel Required: Yes
PSHSA will provide train the trainer on PSHSA training programs but specifically for the Working at Heights program to successful candidates in order to meet the requirements of the Working at Heights standard.
Qualified applicants are asked to forward their resume to Human Resources by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete application will include: Cover letter and Resume referencing the job title in the subject line.
PSHSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, PSHSA will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.