Headed by Director Patricia Clausen and a team of regional experts, Patricia and her team serve the Education and Culture sector to provide health and safety training services.
Educational environments encourage curiosity and discovery, but they must also be a place of safety.
These workplaces are prone to hazards related to violence, exposure to chemicals or biological hazards, and more. Occupations such as cleaners, teaching assistants, food service employees and maintenance workers are faced with these hazards every day while on the job.
The impact of occupational injuries and illnesses can be minimized when employers take a proactive approach to health and safety. Henri and her team work with schools, colleges, universities, museums and other educational and cultural organizations to provide current and evidence backed training methods for health and safety requirements.
Vice President, Client Outreach, Stakeholder & Government Relations
Workplace Violence in Education
Workplace Violence in Education - violence on chalkboard
Workplace violence is a real issue in our schools. A growing number of teachers, education assistants and other school staff are regularly experiencing violent incidents and acts of aggression on the job. Creating safe workplaces and learning environments has become an important priority for PSHSA. We are working closely with key stakeholders in the school community to respond to this critical issue by determining current gaps, identifying leading practices and developing resources to protect education workers and prevent injuries. Learn more about the work we’re doing to address workplace violence in education.
- Workplace Violence in Education
- Mental Health Resources
- Small Business Resources
- Working at Heights
- Asbestos Awareness eLearning
- Addressing Responsive Behaviours Webinar
- Effective Joint Health and Safety Committees: Road to Success Webinar
- Effective Multi-Site Joint Health and Safety Committee Webinar
- Health & Safety Roles & Responsibilities – 5 Steps to an Effective OHS Program Webinar
- Implication of Bill 18
- Radon Awareness and Prevention Act Webinar
- WHMIS 2015 – Moving to Global Harmonized System (GHS) from WHMIS
- Fast Facts on Bullying and Violence
- Young Worker Orientation
- 7-Step Assessment for New & Young Workers
- New Worker Health and Safety Checklist
- Asbestos Awareness in Education Workplaces
For your reference, the 2019-2020 Inspection Blitz Schedule can be found on the Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development website.