Slips, trips and falls are common workplace occurrences that can result in serious injuries and disabilities to workplace parties. This course offers guidance on how to prevent injuries in the workplace that are the result of slips, trips or falls from the same level, and from heights. The purpose is to provide awareness and information on generic STF legislation, duties, responsibilities, hazard awareness and controls.
Appropriate for all sectors, this training is designed for all workers as an introduction and awareness module to slips trips and fall hazards and controls.
Course objectives include:
- Describe the prevalence and impact of slips, trips and falls in the workplace and the need for prevention
- Describe the legislative requirements for supporting slips, trips and falls prevention in your workplace
- Describe the duties and responsibilities of workplace parties (worker, supervisor, employer) in preventing slips trips and falls
- Explain how to recognize, assess and control slip, trip and fall hazards and evaluate controls
- Describe the goals and components of a slips, trips and falls prevention program and how to implement it in your workplace to prevent injuries
This course is also available to upload onto your own Learning Management System. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.