July 5th, 2012
PSHSA partners with OHA to deliver course on Leadership in Health and Safety
Public Services Health & Safety Association (PSHSA) has partnered with the Ontario Hospital Association (OHA) to deliver a highly informative, highly practical course that will put you in a position not just to improve organizational health and safety, but to improve the quality of client care and your organization’s overall wellness.
The following topics will be discussed:
- Occupational Health and Safety Act Legislation, Standards and Code
- Internal Responsibility System and Due Diligence
- Hazard Awareness, Risk Assessment and Hazard Control
- Incident/Event Causation and Investigation
- Accident Investigation Approaches: Human factor versus Systems approach
- Practical Approach to Effective Leadership: Moving Beyond Compliance
- Leadership Styles and Health and Safety Outcomes
An effective culture of health and safety cannot exist without effective leadership. Join us in October to acquire the very knowledge and leadership skills you need to create such a culture in your health care organization.
For more information or to register for the course, click here.
OHAO Forum – Workplace Fatigue: Occupational Hygienists Role in Preventing and Managing an Emerging Health & Safety Issue
Fanshawe College Summarizes the PSHSA WIN a Paid Internship #studentchallenge Contest
Working at heights training, certification training, basic occupational health and safety training. If you are someone who has ever read or seen these phrases before, chances are you are someone who has completed Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Awareness and Training.
PSHSA featured in June Issue of Ontario Building Officials Association Journal for JHSC Training
Article on Page 12.